Tennis Twitter congratulates Elena Rybakina for winning BNP Paribas Open
At the BNP Paribas Open on Sunday, Elena Rybakina won her first title of the year and the first WTA 1000 trophy of her career.
By defeating Aryna Sabalenka in straight sets at Indian Wells, Elena Rybakina exacted revenge for losing to her in the Australian Open final.
Rybakina, the Wimbledon winner, won the match 7-6 (13-11) 6-4 to earn her first WTA 1000 victory after a 78-minute opening set.
“Feels amazing,” Rybakina said in her post-match interview. “It’s been tough but really good two weeks for me here.”
“It was an incredible two weeks here,” Rybakina said. “It was an amazing atmosphere. I want to congratulate Aryna, as well, amazing results this week.”
Rybakina won the fourth WTA singles title of her career. Since winning her maiden Grand Slam singles title at Wimbledon last summer, It is her first title.
For the first time in their budding rivalry, the match didn’t go three sets. Sabalenka went the distance to beat Rybakina in the Australian Open final in January. In that match, Sabalenka fired 17 aces and rallied from a set down to win her first Grand Slam title.
This time, the 10th-seeded Rybakina had seven aces and No. 2 seed Sabalenka committed 10 double faults. Sabalenka won just 11 of 35 second-serve points.
“I would say that I was super disappointed with my serve, so I was back to old habits,” she said. “I was like a little bit overreacting on things, and I wasn’t there in the first two games in the second set.”
Tennis Twitter reactions
“About time, your first win to Sabalenka, your first WTA 1000 Indian Wells. Congratulations 🍾🎊” one person wrote.
“Rybakina is on the rise, she’s playing well. She is also a super-introvert, she never smiles, she should probably be called ‘Robotkina’.” another person wrote.
“after sabalenka lost in dramatic fashion with 10 df first set i think the whole world knew she would lose second one too” another person wrote.
“Swiatek. Sabalenka. Rybakina. That’s the top 3 since Wimbledon and will be til’ they want it to be. I don’t care what fake rankings says” another person wrote.
“Brilliant. Playing better than everyone at the moment” another person wrote.
“Congratulations Rybakina, well deserved. She is going to win another slam this year 🤞🏾” another person wrote.
“Yess girl!! Beat #1 and #2 too. Best in the world” another person wrote.
“She is the real deal. She is here to take the number 1 spot!” another person wrote.
“Congratulations, great game where Rybakina was cool, confident and collected. 🎾🏆🎾” another person wrote.
“That first set was as good as I’ve seen in womens tennis. So close.” another person wrote.
“Impossible not to like and root for Rybakina. Beginning of the WTA Big 3 or 4 era?” another person wrote.
“Great final match between two great competitors – Glad to see Rybakina finally with a win!” another person wrote.
Top 20 Venus Williams Quotes to Inspire You to Rise Up and Win
Venus Williams is one of the greatest players in women’s tennis history. Take a look at the 20 best Venus Williams Quotes. Get motivated!
1. “You have to believe in yourself when no one else does- that makes you a winner right there.”
2. “I don’t focus on what I’m up against. I focus on my goals and I try to ignore the rest.”
3. “No matter how things are stacked against you, you just have to every time believe in yourself.”
4. “In my mind, I’m always the best. If I walk out on the court and I think the next person is better, I’ve already lost.”
5. “Losses have propelled me to even bigger places, so I understand the importance of losing. You can never get complacent because a loss is always around the corner. It’s in any game that you’re in – a business game or whatever – you can’t get complacent.”
6. “You have to let fear go. Another lesson is you just have to believe in yourself; you just have to. There’s no way around it. No matter how things are stacked against you, you just have to every time.”
7. “When you lose, you’re more motivated. When you win, you fail to see your mistakes and probably no one can tell you anything.”
8. “Understanding that being nervous, having doubts and lacking confidence are emotions that are human is how you deal with it. It is okay to feel that way… and then understanding that you can work through it.”
9. “Everyone makes their own comments. That’s how rumors get started.”
10. “I want my opponents to look at me across the net and just not want to play me because I look so fit and amazing and strong. So that’s always my goal.”
11. “I want to get better. Every time you lose, you learn from it, and after every win, you look to building on the tempo.”
12. “I want to know that I gave my 100 percent, and even if it doesn’t work, you know that you gave everything, and you don’t have to look at it and say “I could have gave more.” That would break my heart.”
13. “The first time you win, nobody picks you; the last time you win, nobody picks you. You’ve just got to pick yourself.”
14. “My ambition is to enjoy my life and to do exactly what I want to do. And I’ll do that. I will be free.”
15. “I’ve learned you can always achieve more than you thought you could. There are moments when I’ve walked off the court, and I’m like, ‘I don’t know how I won that match.’ It was actually impossible, but it happened, and then you realize that you can push yourself much further than you ever thought, and you can make the impossible happen.”
16. “I’d like to imagine that in order to beat me a person would have to play almost perfect tennis.”
17. “I’m a collaborator. I know I don’t know everything. I don’t want to know everything.”
18. “I do expect a lot from myself, but it’s also a balance of being… positive and also pushing yourself.”
19. “I’ve been very focused on my career outside of tennis.”
20. “As far as everyone else’s opinion, I mean, if I would have thought that everyone was right, I probably wouldn’t have left Compton, so I don’t get too caught up on what the next person thinks.”
20 Inspirational Serena Williams Quotes About Winning
Serena Williams has become one of the greatest players in tennis history. Take a look at the 20 best Serena Williams Quotes. Get motivated!
1. “I am lucky that whatever fear I have inside me, my desire to win is always stronger.”
2. “I don’t like to lose — at anything — yet I’ve grown most not from victories, but setbacks.”
3. “Everyone’s dream can come true if you just stick to it and work hard.”
4. “This is what I do best. I love a challenge; I love rising to a challenge.”
5. “Everything comes at a cost. Just what are you willing to pay for it?”
serena williams quotes
6. “I always believe I can beat the best, achieve the best. I always see myself in the top position.”
7. “It doesn’t matter what your background is or where you come from, if you have dreams and goals, that’s all that matters.”
8. “Growing up I wasn’t the richest, but I had a rich family in spirit.”
9. “With a defeat, when you lose, you get up, you make it better, you try again. That’s what I do in life, when I get down, when I get sick, I don’t want to just stop. I keep going and I try to do more. Everyone always says never give up but you really have to take that to heart and really do never definitely give up. Keep trying.”
10 “I really think a champion is defined not by their wins but by how they can recover when they fall.”
11. “Make sure you’re very courageous: be strong, be extremely kind, and above all be humble.”
12. “Is greatness winning? Is it losing? Is it recovery? It’s all of them, plus being good to yourself.”
13. “Victory is very, very sweet. It tastes better than any dessert you’ve ever had.”
“You can be whatever size you are, and you can be beautiful both inside and out. We’re always told what’s beautiful and what’s not, and that’s not right.”- Serena Williams
14. “Luck has nothing to do with it, I have spent many, many hours, countless hours, on the court working for my one moment in time, not knowing when it would come.”
15. “If winning is God’s reward, then losing is how he teaches us.”
16. “Every woman’s success should be an inspiration to another. We’re strongest when we cheer each other on.”
17. “But as we know, too often women are not supported enough or are discouraged from choosing their path. I hope together we can change that.”
18. “I definitely am a feminist. I like to stick up for women and women’s rights. So many things happen and I just think ‘Wow, why don’t we have a chance?’”
19. “I’m not a size two. It’s OK to look strong and to be sexy and to be a woman and to be unbreakable — all those things.”
20. “I’ve learned to love me. I’ve been like this my whole life and I embrace me. I love how I look. I am a full woman and I’m strong, and I’m powerful, and I’m beautiful at the same time.”
Tennis Twitter goes crazy as Sorana Cirstea stuns Aryna Sabalenka to reach semi-finals
Aryna Sabalenka, the second-ranked player in the world, was unexpectedly defeated in straight sets by Romania’s Sorana Cirstea, who recorded the biggest victory of her career to advance to the Miami Open semifinals.
The 32-year-old Cirstea defeated the Australian Open winner 6-4, 6-4 to earn her first victory over a player ranked among the top three.
Via wtatennis.com: “It’s been a resurgent tournament for 32-year-old Cirstea in more ways that one, as she hasn’t dropped a set in five victories. She’s also beaten No.5 seed Caroline Garcia this week (after beating her in Indian Wells, too) and former Top 20 players Karolina Muchova and Marketa Vondrousova.”
“I think I’m a bit speechless,” Cirstea said after the match. “I came out knowing that it’s going to be a really tough match. Aryna hits so hard, so I knew I had to hold my ground, and I’m very, very happy with my performance today.”
“I guess people like to keep count of the age, the years, the results, but I never do that. I just mind my own business, work hard, do my thing, believe in my game, work with my coach Thomas Johansson — we just started in December and so far, I think it’s going great. I’m not defined by numbers. I’m just trying to keep my head down and work hard.”
Tennis Twitter reactions
“An absolutely shameful loss from Sabalenka. Good job from Cirstea to get the balls back into play.” one person tweeted.
“I’m beyond happy for Cirstea, who I felt is someone who should’ve been had these results regularly but injuries have derailed her. So I’m hoping she can stay healthy because her game is so good.” another person tweeted.
“Aryna didn’t even play bad today. Cirstea is just playing on another level this tournament. Crazy impressive.” another person tweeted.
“Sabalenka’s serve will always be a weakness in her game, regardless how much she works on it” another person tweeted.
“Cirstea played a great match. Good to see her doing so well!” another person tweeted.
“Sorana Cirstea is on fire! Beating the unbeatable and reaching the semis like a boss. Can’t wait to see what she brings next! 🔥🎾” another person tweeted.
NBA4 weeks ago
Top 20 LeBron James Quotes That Everyone Can Relate To
NBA4 weeks ago
Top 20 Stephen Curry Quotes About Success And Basketball
NBA1 month ago
Top 20 From NBA MVP Giannis Antetokounmpo Quotes
NBA3 months ago
NBA World Reacts To LeBron James Injury News
NBA3 months ago
NBA World Reacts To Milwaukee Bucks’s impressive victory over Wizards
NBA3 months ago
NBA World reacts to Damian Lillard’s 71 points performance against Rockets
Tennis2 months ago
Tennis world reacts to Alcaraz Wins Indian Wells and Returns To World No. 1
NBA3 months ago
NBA World Reacts To LA Lakers beat Golden State Warriors 113-105